Christian Debt Elimination
8 Biblical Principles for Debt Cancellation
Christian Debt Elimination…
As a Christian, understand that God wants you to be debt free. Why? Because debt is a form of bondage and it’s God’s plan for you to be free from any form of bondage.
Proverbs 22:7- The rich rule over the poor and the borrower is servant to the lender.
It's clear from this scripture that debt is a form of bondage. Since the borrower is servant to the lender and the rich rule over the poor, debt has to be a form of bondage. I’m not saying that if you have debt that you are necessarily living in sin.
I am saying that debt is a form of bondage and God wants you to be free from debt. God’s desire for you is to prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers.
The freedom I am referring to here is financial freedom. But it’s much more than just being free to give money as God directs you, although giving is a critical part of it. But think about it, when you’re debt free your time is free to serve God and expand His Kingdom.
Time is the most precious commodity you have. Ask yourself "where are you spending it?" If you have to spend most of your time working to pay debts, then who is your master? God wants you free from the bondage of debt to free up your resources and your time to pursue His Kingdom’s purpose.
Your next question may be:
"How can I get out of debt faster?"
Or if you have really bad debt, you may be asking
"how can I turn this mess around to be debt free?”
8 Biblical Principles to be debt free:
- Believe that God wants you to get out of debt and make the decision to do so.
- Ask God for instructions on how to get out of debt and do whatever He tells you to do.
- Build your faith and confidence in God’s Word regarding debt cancellation by studying and meditating on His Word daily.
- Tithe and act on the principle of sowing and reaping. Give and it will be given to you.
- Act on the principle of confession. Speak what you want.
- Get control of your finances. It is important to understand what you owe and who you owe. Know and understand your financial situation. God is a God of order. Get ready for your deliverance.
- Finally, give God praise and thanksgiving for your debt cancellation. Get that list of bills out and have communion with God. Thank Him for your covenant and let Him know that you appreciate Him and your deliverance from the bondage of debt.
- Then having done all, STAND.
Winning the Credit Game
Debt elimination is an excellent goal towards good stewardship. However, as a Christian, establishing good credit scores may be equally as important. Your credit scores can have a significant impact on your finances in ways that may have nothing to do with credit.
That’s why my husband and I would like to offer you our FREE ebook entitled “Winning the Credit Game – A Christian's Guide to Legal Credit Improvement". It will help you to better understand the credit reporting system and Biblical Principles regarding your credit scores and good stewardship.
Just complete the form below to receive your free download.
Return to Debtfree-and-in-the-black.com Home Page from Christian Debt Elimination Page